The boy in the Striped Pyjamas

When I was at school we had to read a book named “the
boy in the striped pyjamas”  written by John Boyne, it was his most famous novel, won two Irish Book Awards and was a finalist for the British Book Award, has been translated into fifty-seven languages ​​and has sold eleven million copies worldwide. I remember I had to read-it for the español class when I was 15 years old. It's usually hard for me to like a book and get caught reading it, but this is one of the books I really get caught by the story. I could say this book can change your mindset about the reality of the 2nd world war, and the racism that existed. The story starts with a little guy who discovers that his things are being packed because the family is going to move to a new house far away. When they arrived the kid noticed a really tall and really long fence that cut him off from the strange people in the distance. But the little kid decides to explore his new environment and he meets another boy whose life and circumstances are very different from his own, and they begin a really good friendship that has devastating consequences.   


Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A family member

An Interesting Trip